Learn to Row a Drift Boat from a Licenced Fly Fishing Guide
Rowing a drift boat is a fun and rewarding skill that opens up endless miles of waters to fish. Yet without proper training, it can also be dangerous and difficult to master. Even experienced rowers can get into trouble without the proper knowledge and skills. This course is designed for new boat owners, prospective boat owners, and those interested in learning to row a drift boat better and safer. This class aims to increase your rowing skills and confidence to enhance your overall drift boat fishing experience. Drift Boat Basics an “on the water” course and is taught by a licensed fly fishing guide. This class can be tailored to participants needs, and topics include:
- Drift boat and trailer basics and equipment
- Boat launch and take-out skills and etiquette
- General boat and passenger safety
- Basic rowing skills including ferrying, boat positioning, anchoring and casting angles
- General water reading and navigation skills
- Obstacles and unexpected dangers
- Basic recovery skills
- River etiquette
Availability may vary depending on time of year and river conditions.
Course is approximately 5 hours and can accommodate up to two participants. We will be floating the Elk River In Fernie BC.
Call Elk River Guiding Company 1-877-423-7239 to Book.